iON United Inc. is one of Canada’s most trusted cybersecurity solution providers. Founded in 2003, our experienced team delivers best-in-class advisory, technology, and managed services for securing IT, OT, and cloud environments. With consecutive year-over-year growth, we foster meaningful relationships through meaningful work by helping organizations make informed risk management decisions. Recognized for growth by Canadian Business magazine six times and The Globe and Mail in 2021, we continue to build and support a customer community on the leading edge of technology. Cultivating a culture of performance and accountability has earned us a renowned reputation and continues to attract Canada’s best talent to work alongside the nation’s top clients. Our focus on cybersecurity allows the organizations we partner with to maintain their focus on growing their business, We Protect the Brands You Know.™
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Inside Sales, the Commercial Account Representative (CAR), will be responsible for delivering sales results against corporately defined targets. The CAR will be responsible for a defined list of existing customers along with a list of identified prospects across their territory. The CAR will sell across two iON solution pillars; Technology and Services and be expected to meet or exceed minimum sales targets in both areas. To facilitate the execution against target, the CAR will be expected to create and maintain client relationships across functional, operational, and executive contacts. The CAR will work closely with internal iON stakeholders specific to a wide array of security recommendations specific to each customer. The iON sales environment is fast paced and high-touch with an always-on approach to client satisfaction.
- Host discovery calls with customers to conduct a needs assessment to identify revenue opportunities and demonstrate product and service offering knowledge with prospective customers
- Coordination of scoping calls
- Achievement of both established revenue and margin targets across Technology and Services
- Assist with creation and execution of account plans
- Maintain a high frequency of client contact, funnel management and activity management reporting
- Maintain accuracy of accounts in Salesforce and develop an understanding of sales forecasting – by week, month and quarter
- Leverage template library of proposals and presentation material to customize for client requests and deliver quality solution presentations to clients
- Participate in the iON response to RFx opportunities
- Actively engage with assigned current technology partners and strategic alliances based on market segment
- Maintain minimum levels of sales/technical certifications offered by technology partners
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree is considered an asset
- Sales and Account management experience in the IT industry is considered an asset
- Foundational knowledge of network/cyber security sales experience is an asset
- Working knowledge and experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems is an asset
- Intermediate to advanced capabilities in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Limited local and provincial travel may be required in the execution of this role
- Attention to detail, professional communication skills, exemplary written and presentation skills are a must
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible with daily tasks is required
- iON has a mandatory vaccination policy for new employees and contingent workers that requires you to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada-approved vaccine against COVID-19.
- As a requirement of this position, the successful candidate must satisfy and receive clear results for a Criminal Record Check.